Lowe & Oliver was founded in 1923 in Oxford by Reginald Lowe, who was soon joined by Herbert Oliver.
During the 1920s and 30s the company grew steadily, as electrification spread throughout the city. It was at this time that the company began its long and continuing association with the Oxford Colleges. Expansion of the company continued and by the outbreak of war in 1939, it was was sufficiently well established to be awarded a number of substantial Air Ministry contracts.
Thriving and expanding
The company continued to thrive post-war. In 1957 Patrick Lowe joined his father in the business. By this time the company employed some 30 electricians. All through its long history, a loyal and long-serving workforce have formed the backbone of the company. Throughout this time, the City of Oxford continued to provide Lowe & Oliver with the majority of its work. In recent years, Lowe & Oliver has greatly expanded both its geographical reach and its portfolio of products and solutions. Now, as part of the Lowe Holdings Group, it provides a comprehensive range of electrical and mechanical services throughout the UK.
More than 90 years after its foundation, Lowe & Oliver is more vigorous than ever. It holds ISO 9001 accreditation and has been awarded a Royal Warrant as Electrical Contractors to HM the Queen. Much may have changed over the decades but the principles under which Lowe & Oliver operates have remained the same. As in Reginald Lowe’s time, Lowe & Oliver today prizes the highest standards of craftsmanship, efficiency and integrity.